Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Wake. Read. Eat. Sleep. by Wesley

10/23/2014

Wake. Read. Eat. Sleep.

My days are simple enough.  There are few variables.  The biggest variable is the faces I share space with.  I don't even know many of their names.  I know their alleged crimes (still a criminal defense attorney inside).  Why learn their names...

Wake. Read. Eat. Sleep.

They may be here for a day or two before they disappear?  Most arrive when I'm sleeping and are gone in hours.  Others stay for a day or three or five.  Faces blending together out of relevance to me.

Wake. Read. Eat. Sleep.

It is nothing that can be said to adequately describe the tedium.  The T.V. is on from 9 am. until 10:30 pm. on every day, except Friday and Saturday- which days it stays on till 1:30 am. The programming is either football or car shows.

Wake. Read. Eat. Sleep.

I got out to "rec" today.  Only one other person from the tank went out with me.  I looked forward to some quiet time walking in the crisp autumn morning in solitude.  Instead, I was regaled with the minutia of his family and legal troubles.  I am acquainted with his situation well enough I could finish his sentences and point out facts he wasn't considering.  Sadly, I didn't want to hear it the first time.

Wake. Read. Eat. Sleep.
Wake. Read. Eat. Sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment