Thursday, September 18, 2014

Our Anniversary by Wesley

9/9/2014

Our anniversary was last Saturday and I was a bit melancholy as you might imagine.  I feel so undeserving of the of woman who has chosen to spend her life with me because for the second time, my lack of impulse control and respect for the law (ironically) landed me here.

Ironically, the last time it drew us closer together.  Daily letters and phone calls, along with visits- with sex removed- made us grow in other areas of our relationship.  I am very lucky.

The occasion called for me to pull out all the stops!  I thought of the romantics, Wordswork et al, and how they would describe love in such a situation.  Of course "the Bard" had a thing or two to say about love, but most of his wisdom has grown a bit worn over time.

Modern poets, through music, have always helped me express romantic love:

"Whenever you need me,
Whenever you want me,
you know you can call me,
I'll be there shortly,
Don't care what your friends say,
'cuz they don't know me,
I'll be your best friend,
and you'll be my homey,
I roll up."
                              -Wiz Khalifa

Sometimes from the most unlikely of sources!

I sometimes am able to imagine my own words to express the depth of my feelings, it isn't easy to do in here with only a pen and paper-and limited ability to edit my work.  I'm so spoiled.  But sometimes I produce genius.

While I pondered my thoughts and feelings, and how best to describe them, a young man joined our constantly evolving population.  He told the story of his arrest (which must be somewhere in the rules because despite the very limited interest of the audience, everyone seems to think it is required).

In his words, I found the essence of love.  Sometimes, as I said earlier, beauty can be found in the most unlikely of places.  His story involved sacrifices his girlfriend made for him when the police intervened in a cross state trip from one set of problems to another.  Instead of 2 felony charges, her efforts left him with just one.  She loves him and showed it.

Now I know....Love is shoving your man's pilo (meth pipe) in your snatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment