Tuesday, September 23, 2014

An Outlaw in the mix. by Wesley

9/19/2014

I continue to decompose in this cell.  The constantly changing make up of the tank has shifted and I'm interested to see how the changed dynamic will affect the growing tension.  I have always said one person can greatly alter the chemistry, and a strong willed young man with tattoos from the 1930's-40's has arrived to shake things up.

When he arrived, I pointed him out to one of my handful of "friends" in here.  He is emblazoned with what I thought was a similar SS tattoo.  He quickly explained the difference, however slight.

The say politics make strange bed fellows, and so does jail.  This young man is a self-described outlaw.  He has no education and at 28 has never held a job.  He earns money by stealing and dealing drugs.  The dealing also supports his own drug habit.  His teeth have long sine been claimed by his meth habit and he dreams of one day leaving Texas because he in convinced that his outlaw ways are a result of his living here.

Sometimes I'm shocked at his ignorance to things I consider basic knowledge required to be a citizen of the United States, and my impatience shows.  he will redirect me when my sarcastic mouth is on the brink of earning me a beating from some of my peers who do not appreciate my subtle wit.

After some barbs were swapped he came forward and said, "You know what's funny?  You would never fuck with me in the world, and I would never fuck with you."  "We would never meet," I replied.  "No, because we come from totally different places and worlds. But, in here, you're all right."  He offered me his fist and we bumped.

He is going to TDC on Monday.  In March he jumped through a window of a hotel room when the police came knocking.  he had drugs and his girlfriend opened the door too quickly for him to stop her, so he ran toward the window and jumped through it.

It was on the 3rd floor.

He landed on an air-conditioning unit and fractured at least one vertebra and broke his jaw.  He was bleeding all over his clothes and he somehow escaped and drove 50 miles to a hospital so the police wouldn't look for him there.

Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid would have been proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment