Friday, September 5, 2014

Atticus Finch. by Wesley

9/2/14

"Today I made reference to Atticus Finch in usual conversation.  I only mentioned it him in passing as a famed orator-and not as one of my later inspirations in the practice of law.  My former profession is never, EVER, a topic of conversation.

Later in the day I was told of much hand wringing and concern in the daily meetings on the other side of the tank led to the inevitable conclusion, among their members that I'm gay.  After all, I use words they don't understand and I'm 'too polite and nice.'

I did not point out the fadlay?of non seqintor to them as that would have sealed my fate. (look it up!)

'That's right, I sleep with men because I loved To Kill a Mockingbird.'

The irony that my love of Atticus finch has led the black community in here to condemn me as homosexual was simply too wonderful to ignore.

For my immediate audience I simply smiled, however, and returned my book."

No comments:

Post a Comment