Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Global Tel Link....more like Global Tel Thieves.

So, in my post a couple of days ago I mention the telephone service. Today, will be a rant about the phone service. So I did the math and posted that I had only used $15.70 of a $25 prepaid amount on my card. I called them today to see wtf was up.  Mind you, I am at work, and phone service is crappy. After going through about 6 prompts I finally get to a live person with a thick accent, named Steven.  He then spends the next 5 minutes with security questions, then finally I ask him for the break down of my bill. Tells me there is taxes on the call, another $1.12 for a state fee, and another dollar and some change for something else. I stopped him if he could mail me a copy of the fees. He stated he could not, it was their policy. He asked me if I wanted him to read the policies to me. I asked him if he would send me a copy, he said no, but I could go online and read them. I asked him, so, I can go online and see your policies, but can not see a record of account spending that I had to set up, prepaid?  He said yes.  Global Tel Link....the arm pit of correctional phone service.  They are expensive, but not so expensive that you can afford something.  Their service is okay. Their customer service sucks. You can not get a live person. I had to send in a complaint, then they sent me a reply, by email, of a number to get a live person. I didn't even mind being on hold, but to be told that I can not even see a record of calls made and an accounting of the funds, pissed me off. I guess they think anyone calling a person in jail is desperate and stupid.  Wesley got an earful, and then he said, I see a class action suit!!!  He will be going to the law library tomorrow.

Whether or not we can file a class action suit, or not, it was nice to hear Wesley have some fight in him.  He has sounded better the last couple of phone calls. He told me today he traded a mattress for coffee today, not that those things are going on, I'm sure he was joking...*whispering* no.  Tomorrow is commissary and payday, so he is actually looking forward to something.  He has promised he has sent blog entries in the mail and has had some focus on things to write about. He is witty and smart...I can't wait to introduce him to the blog, you will see what I mean.  I'm all emotional and factual, he is funny and clever...together, we are a hoot, you would love to hang out with us!

I'm off to bed, on work days this will be shorter, but I promise to put my time and thought into it on my days off.  As I prepare to take my #5 of 6 kid to college this weekend, and #6 start his second year of high school, I worry that when I run out of things to keep me busy I will crash not having my partner in crime with me.  We do everything together.  Some people like having time away from their spouses, we are the opposite, we like being together and would rather drag the other with them doing whatever. Part of what got us here was me working nights, Wesley does not do alone well. He was home alone, I was working at a nearby hospital. He was lonely, missing me and went to a friends b-day party and then had a few drinks. He does this cute thing when he rides his motorcycle, he dances, swaying slowly back and forth in his lane, listening to music on his earphones.  Mr. Policeman couldn't figure out what was going on with him and pulled him over.  Well, maybe I should let him tell the story.

I would like some feedback. Please take a minute, tell me what would make more interesting reading, questions, comments, whatever.  I plan on my days off to get more into the SAFP program. I noticed there is not a lot of recent information out there, I thought that might be some help for someone starting that program.

Lesa

No comments:

Post a Comment