Thursday, October 9, 2014

My exhausted week. by Lesa

10/8/2014

I have neglected my postings this week.  I neglected a lot of things because on top of working 5 days last week, at least they were 8 hour days, I went Thursday to our rent house, worked until 9pm, Friday til 3 am. and Saturday another 8 hours.  I was so tired, I can't tell you how much I hurt.  The rent house had a switching of tenants and the old one left the place a mess. Everything had been neglected.  I didn't have the money for help, so I cleaned the carpets, detailed the inside, and almost caught up the yard.  Thank God my 15 year old helped with the carpets and carrying heavy stuff, I was already hurting.  Saturday, my college son Adam arrived with friends, thanks Hunter and Bella, and they all lent a hand. I would have had another full day on Sunday had they not each given me a few hours of help.  I was forever thankful.  I treated them to pizza and the next day made enchilada casserole!!

Sunday was my only day off, I was to be back for a 12 hour shift on Monday, which turned into a 14 hour shift from hell.  I left completely frazzled.  Because Wes felt bad, he told me to skip visitation on Sunday, to relax and come to visit him after work on Monday.  I was a bit wrecked.  Once I got there Monday night for visitation, it was so nice to see his face, I wanted to cry.  I was more tired then I can ever remember.  When I came home I made the decision to call into work. It would give me a day to recover. Because I skipped the day, I will have to make it up on Wednesday or Thursday.  Wednesday, I was still not ready to go back, so that leaves Thursday, which means I miss my son's football game, again.  Football has always been our thing, and, what do you know, more guilt.  He is sweet, tells me it is totally okay.  He seems to know I need to rest, need a break.  Which brings me to today, Wednesday, I finally feel like I can go to work tomorrow.  I still am quite sore.  I am down to one pain pill, which I will break in half.  I have an appointment with the pain management doctor next week, I should be able to hold out, unless I have a bad episode, but I can always go see my family doctor for meds in the interim.

In the process of all this craziness, I have not wrote, but I have talked frequently to my husband, thanks to my new phone number and cap on fees. I think I said the words, "I'm so tired." so often this week, my poor husband was so worried about me.  I'm not going to lie, I was wrecked after all the work.  But after a couple of days rest, I got back to work today 10/09 and had a good day, busy, but normal busy.  I missed my son's game, that is always a bummer, but his dad was there rooting him on, and he got to see a lot of his old pee-wee football friends at the other high school.

It is nice to reflect back, I felt so wrecked, tired, and ready to curl up in a ball and give up, after the Monday from hell.  Nice that after a couple of days rest, some encouraging words from a coworker, and a bunch of short calls from my husband helped to sooth away the exhaustion.  And that was all it was, complete exhaustion.  This weekend my son will be with his dad, I will work and will enjoy being lazy, watching movies and eating whatever deliciousness I throw into the crockpot.  I might decide to just eat cookies and milk, its nice to be an adult.  I have to still write the hubby and post his funny post...very funny, I love and miss him so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment