Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Heavy heart. by Lesa

9/30/2014

When I left visitation last night my heart was heavy, I cried and prayed on the way home.  I want my husband to know peace where he is, no matter what.  He feels hopeless. He never, hardly ever cries, and not only was he crying, but had been fighting tears all day.  He feel lonely, abandoned.  An agreement was reached 4 weeks ago tomorrow.  Everyone else who was sent to SAFP or sent back to SAFP signed their papers the same day.  No word from his attorney, who finally, after I asked again last week, said he tried twice to call, no word from the probation officer, Wesley finally wrote her a letter, very politely and gently inquiring about what was going on, of course, no word from the judge.  He knows I love him, but the having no end in sight, even after a court date, that he missed because the guards at the jail took him to the wrong place, good thing his attorney was there, no end in sight is the worst you can do to an inmate. The not knowing, thinking you are sitting there until somebody looks down at your file and remember, oh, yeah, that guy.

My daughter Jessica and I sent Wes some books, help to pass the time.  One of us, I think me, sent him a depressing book about a woman who's father dies before they can make peace between them.  Wesley got news this week, that is father is dying.  He has been dying for a long time, but several things make this different.  His weakened voice and stating his blood pressure being 80's/50's is not good.  Also, he called Wesley's sister to tell her he was sorry for all the trouble he cause them, he has never, ever called and said he was sorry.  It has stirred more emotions for  him.  He is dealing with them alone.  He has never said he was lonely before.

I just got off the phone with Wes, he seemed in better spirits.  He is convinced that judge Mayes is working behind the scenes to get him a reasonable sentence with Harris County so that he can go to SAFP and get on with his rehab.  We will see what the week brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment