Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Battle of Texas. By Wesley

10/5/2014

For a week it was all the talk.  Everyone in this human zoo exhibit was expected to take sides in the approaching clash.  You supported one or the other.  Black or white, good or evil, there was no neutral. 

The game: Texans vs. Cowboys.  The NFL battle of Texas. 

It's beyond debate that Houston is the superior city in every conceivable way.  Houston is awesome. The museum district, the theater district, the lack of winter, the food scene, the lack of people from Dallas, nevermind The Astros, Rockets and the Mighty Houston Cougars, all are factors in why the city of Houston is awesome!

Also, Dallas blows.  Everything about Dallas blows.  The fact that my ex-wife lives there alone makes me cheer for the Ebola virus.  Don't get me started on the douche bag dudes, the bimbo blonds, The Mavericks, the Texas Rangers, the existence of Fort Worth, the proximity to Oklahoma, and the gall of the city to think they are better than Houston, namesake of the former President of the Republic and hero of the war of Independence.

When it comes to NFL football however, due to  an accident of childhood geography, I am an ardent supporter of the Mighty Dallas Cowboys! I have tried to support the Texans, but I cannot.  I managed to cheer for them in 2013 when Case Keenum (former QB of my Alma Mater) played for them, but when he was gone, so was I.

But Montgomery County is in the Houston area, so in this tank, there were 2 Cowboys fans and 22 people that wanted to kill us.

By game time, there was as much testosterone in here as a monster truck rally.  Insults were hurled, bets made, and the game began.

There was agony, screaming, prayers, threats, promises, rebukes, curses, guarantees, lamentations, and MORE ARE CHAIR QUARTERBACKING than you can imagine (or stomach) before halftime. 

Every single play was analyzed and critiqued by a panel of felons.  Every single man who once played Junior high school football (and had a shot at the pros, except for that damn injury!) explained how they could do it better. 

When the Cowboys won the game in overtime, the crowd fell silent except for one person who loudly reminded everyone that he had told them so! That was me! and damn, I made a killing! I won a coke, M&M's (peanut! I'm naming the 1st one "Cornelius Pumpernickle"), 2 soups, 2 bags of coffee, and 500 push ups which had to be interspersed with exclamations of "Tony Romo did this to me!". 

I'm jail house rich today.  SUCK IT TEXANS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment